Microsoft is ending support for Windows 7
Personal computing has come a long way since the first release of Windows in 1985, an extension of MS-DOS. We’ve seen many favoured (and unfavoured) features come and go. Including the much-loved Start menu, the infamous web browser Internet Explorer and the classic Windows games Minesweeper, Solitaire and FreeCell.
In 2015, Microsoft released Windows 10 as the successor to Windows 8.1. With notable features such as universal apps, touchscreen-optimised interface, an updated Start menu, Microsoft Edge and new biosecurity features.
Now it’s time to say goodbye to Windows 7, with Microsoft ending support for devices running the operating system from January 14 2020. It’s your chance to purchase a new Windows 10 computer (or Apple Mac) or upgrade your existing device to the newest operating system.So why should you upgrade? Here’s 10 reasons why you should contact ShowellTech about upgrading your Windows computers to Windows 10.
10 reasons to upgrade to Windows 10
- Speed – we all want to go faster. Windows 10 has managed to increase the speed of your PC. Even the start-up should be perceptively quicker
- The return of the Start menu. Many people lamented it’s passing so Microsoft have returned it with a tile-based appendage, so as not to lose live tile info, and to still allow for the operating system to be touch-enabled
- A virtual assistant – If you like Siri you will enjoy Cortana. She will manage actions on your PC at the mere sound of your voice.
- Action Centre – Microsoft has created a centre for all notifications, warnings and updates. Easy to access and readily visible you will wonder how you managed without it.
- Security – While Windows 8 had ample security features, Microsoft has amped it up again in Windows 10. Click here for the full details
- Xbox App – If you are a gamer, chances are you have already made the transition with many great features available. You can now track your friend and stream games from the console to your PC. It also allows you to play multiplayer games from your PC against players on the Xbox.
- Screen capture tool – Not only will it take the clip, but it can also store it on the clipboard for later use and share the image across devices.
- Online storage with OneDrive – an easy to set up cloud tool. Store all your content to the cloud using OneDrive. You can then access that information from any device that allows you to log into your OneDrive account.
- Type with your voice! Start dictating your email, to-do lists and more. Simple to set up you can get started in no time.
- You have no choice! Support for Windows 7 is coming to an end on 14 January 2020 which could leave your devices vulnerable to security threats with no patching or updates from Microsoft after the cut-off date.
For more information on Windows 10 features and benefits click here.
We have skilled computer technicians who can help make the transition to Windows 10 easy for you. Contact our team today on 02 4488 4800
Owner at ShowellTech