Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
We’re ready for 2022
Just when we thought 2021 was going to be a breakout year after the upheaval of 2020, it turns out COVID was just getting started. We hope that the worst of it is over, and we can look forward to a summer of friends, family, and celebrations.
Thank you to all our clients for giving us the opportunity to support your IT needs. It’s always a pleasure!
2021 has seen two major changes at ShowellTech:
1. Our team continues to grow
This year we welcomed two new people onto our team. Kobii and Desmond have both been a great addition to the ShowellTech family.
2. Documentation becomes cornerstone of IT Support
This year we implemented new IT documentation management systems to help support our growth. These systems bring the following benefits directly to our clients:
- Direct access to all your IT documentation, updated in real time.
- Tracking of all IT assets. Such as computers, laptops, servers, network equipment, printers, computer peripherals, the list goes on!
- Know where your assets are with allocation of assets to physical locations or users.
- Enhanced password management, including centralised multi-factor authentication.
- Transparent technician audit trails and user access management
- Tracking for warranty expiration
- Enterprise grade security: SOC 2 compliance.
Many of our clients are already experiencing the benefits of our IT documentation management. Contact us to learn more.
Closing for the holiday season?
Closing the office for a period of time has almost become second nature with many working from home for extended periods of time. However, it is important to remember that many offices require preparation before closing. We talked through these last year, but it is worth reminding you.
Below are some questions you should be asking yourself (or the office manager).
- Have you taken a full backup of all your data? Better still are you using a cloud backup service (like Datto) to ensure you can access all your data should a catastrophe prevail?
- Are your work devices physically and digitally secure? Will they remain onsite? Or out and about with staff?
- Do you have a secure password policy? Multi-factor authentication is paramount for all your important accounts – email, banking, and other business systems.
- How can you be power conscious over the break? Ensure all your staff properly shutdown workstations and monitors. Turn off all non-essential equipment at the power point. This can also help avoid storm surge damage.
Is your business closed for any extended period of time over the holiday season? This is the best time to get your systems patched and up to speed, ensuring minimal downtime for your business. Talk to us now to organise a remote maintenance session on your server while you’re closed.
Time to take a break
The ShowellTech office will officially close for the Christmas and New year break at close of business Wednesday 22nd December and reopen (with skeleton staff) on Tuesday 4th January 2020.
Need emergency support?
Our team will be available ad-hoc for emergency support for all existing business clients. Please email email@example.com and include URGENT in the subject line of your email. Alternatively, call our support line on 02 4488 4800 and leave a voicemail.
Our ShowellTech family wishes you, your family, and friends the joys of the season and look forward to working with you in 2022.
Justin, Jacob, Carol, Blair, Desmond, Kobii